Experienced Marine Technician
Yacht Navigation Electronics Installer
For over 20 years, we have been a leader in complex marine electrical and electronic systems in the South Florida area, and we are looking to add an experienced Marine Technician with Navigation Electronics experience to our team. This full-time position is well suited to an individual that is self-motivated and has previous experience in working on yacht and boat navigation and electrical systems.
Based in our office in Marina Mile in Fort Lauderdale, you will be working in our service department and directly dealing with our clients. You will represent our company while out in the field and provide experienced, professional service while diligently completing your work.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years experience working on yachts in Navigation Electronics
- NMEA and ABYC Certifications
- Experience with complex yacht systems specifically in the areas of programming, installation, and troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with our clients and team members
- Ability to follow and implement complex technical directions and documentations
- Ability to work cleanly and efficiently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work well alone or with a team
- Proficiency with PC applications and knowledge of networking
- Have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
Here is a general list of some of the abilities you will need to perform
- Troubleshoot and repair complex systems (sometimes without any documentation)
- Install and/or replace systems in a clean and efficient manner
- Describe technical problems verbally and/or in written format to team members
- Understand and implement instructions given verbally and/or in written form
- Accurately read and understand technical documentation provided
- Work well with other team members to create custom and creative solutions for our clients
These are not required, but are a bonus to have
- Manufacturer specific training (Garmin, Raymarine, Navico, Intellian, KVH,etc.)
Previous experience is required, as is fluent written and spoken English. Bi-Lingual in Italian or Spanish is a plus. Please note that salary is commensurate on experience.
Previous experience is required, as is fluent written and spoken English. Bi-Lingual in Italian or Spanish is a plus.
Please note that salary is commensurate on experience.
If you have experience in the above and feel like you would be a good fit with our company, we’d like to hear from you! Please fill the form below.
Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
- Posted on 2019-07-10
- Organization Nauti-Tech Inc.
- Location Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Salary $35,000 - $65,000 per year
- Job type Full-time
- 100% Employer paid health coverage for you, the employee (which includes a medical HMO plan and dental plan), plus discounted rates for your family
- Access to discounted pre-tax rates for long term disability insurance
- 40 hours per week
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k with matching and yearly profit sharing